Rs 40 lakh seized from Maharashtra-based youth
Coimbatore: Unaccounted money to a tune of Rs 40 lakh was seized from a youth at the city railway station on Saturday.
The youth, who was moving in a suspicious manner, was taken into custody for questioning at the exit gate of the railway station when his suitcase was found filled with the money, in the denomination of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
The youth, hailing from Maharashtra, claimed that he used to purchase gold ornaments from the city and sell them in nearby Kerala. However, the youth, whose identity was not revealed for investigation purposes, has not accounted for the money, police said.
Further interrogation, including ascertaining whether it could be `hawala` transaction, is on, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?