Rs 40 lakh seized from Maharashtra-based youth
Coimbatore: Unaccounted money to a tune of Rs 40 lakh was seized from a youth at the city railway station on Saturday.
The youth, who was moving in a suspicious manner, was taken into custody for questioning at the exit gate of the railway station when his suitcase was found filled with the money, in the denomination of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
The youth, hailing from Maharashtra, claimed that he used to purchase gold ornaments from the city and sell them in nearby Kerala. However, the youth, whose identity was not revealed for investigation purposes, has not accounted for the money, police said.
Further interrogation, including ascertaining whether it could be `hawala` transaction, is on, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram