Rs 40 lakh seized from Maharashtra-based youth
Coimbatore: Unaccounted money to a tune of Rs 40 lakh was seized from a youth at the city railway station on Saturday.
The youth, who was moving in a suspicious manner, was taken into custody for questioning at the exit gate of the railway station when his suitcase was found filled with the money, in the denomination of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
The youth, hailing from Maharashtra, claimed that he used to purchase gold ornaments from the city and sell them in nearby Kerala. However, the youth, whose identity was not revealed for investigation purposes, has not accounted for the money, police said.
Further interrogation, including ascertaining whether it could be `hawala` transaction, is on, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August
- My film choices are erratic: Varun Dhawan
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?