Rs 40 lakh seized from Maharashtra-based youth
Coimbatore: Unaccounted money to a tune of Rs 40 lakh was seized from a youth at the city railway station on Saturday.
The youth, who was moving in a suspicious manner, was taken into custody for questioning at the exit gate of the railway station when his suitcase was found filled with the money, in the denomination of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
The youth, hailing from Maharashtra, claimed that he used to purchase gold ornaments from the city and sell them in nearby Kerala. However, the youth, whose identity was not revealed for investigation purposes, has not accounted for the money, police said.
Further interrogation, including ascertaining whether it could be `hawala` transaction, is on, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31