Rs 5.65 cr sanctioned for expansion of Kolhapur Airport
Kolhapur: Maharashtra Government has
sanctioned over Rs 5 crore for the expansion of the Kolhapur
A decision to sanction Rs 5.65 crore was taken at a
meeting regarding industrial development of Kolhapur held by
Industries Minister, Rajendra Darda, in Mumbai yesterday.
Darda said that a decision regarding compensation to
be given to farmers whose land would be acquired for the
airport expansion project too would be taken soon as the
decision is pending with the Prime Minister.
The expansion plan includes, road asphalting in airport
area, parking service, metal detector, two towers for police
and x-ray machine for checking luggage, etc.
In the meeting, a decision to allot 50 acres of land for
Information technology Park (IT Park) from Kagal-Hatkanangle
Five Star Industrial Estate was also taken.
Minister Hassan Mushriff, state housing minister Sachin
Ahir, MLA of Kolhapur Satej Patil, Chief Executive Officer of
MIDC K Shivaji, Industry Department secretary Ajit Khan,
Kolhapur`s collector Laxmikant Deshmukh were among others
present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding