RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat stresses on imparting education
Mumbai: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday stressed on the need to impart education which would make an individual "fearless" and self-reliant.
"Education which makes individuals fearless and self-reliant should be imparted," Bhagwat said at the golden jubilee celebrations of the Vivekanand Education Society in suburban Chembur here.
Calling on the youth to face challenges in life, he lamented that students commit suicide if they fail in their examinations.
The RSS chief said that education which instills fundamental principles like dignity and self-respect in a person should be imparted.
"Educated people should be straightforward and should not have ego," he said, adding that value-based education is the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan