RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat stresses on imparting education
Mumbai: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday stressed on the need to impart education which would make an individual "fearless" and self-reliant.
"Education which makes individuals fearless and self-reliant should be imparted," Bhagwat said at the golden jubilee celebrations of the Vivekanand Education Society in suburban Chembur here.
Calling on the youth to face challenges in life, he lamented that students commit suicide if they fail in their examinations.
The RSS chief said that education which instills fundamental principles like dignity and self-respect in a person should be imparted.
"Educated people should be straightforward and should not have ego," he said, adding that value-based education is the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy