RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat stresses on imparting education
Mumbai: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday stressed on the need to impart education which would make an individual "fearless" and self-reliant.
"Education which makes individuals fearless and self-reliant should be imparted," Bhagwat said at the golden jubilee celebrations of the Vivekanand Education Society in suburban Chembur here.
Calling on the youth to face challenges in life, he lamented that students commit suicide if they fail in their examinations.
The RSS chief said that education which instills fundamental principles like dignity and self-respect in a person should be imparted.
"Educated people should be straightforward and should not have ego," he said, adding that value-based education is the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!