RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat stresses on imparting education
Mumbai: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday stressed on the need to impart education which would make an individual "fearless" and self-reliant.
"Education which makes individuals fearless and self-reliant should be imparted," Bhagwat said at the golden jubilee celebrations of the Vivekanand Education Society in suburban Chembur here.
Calling on the youth to face challenges in life, he lamented that students commit suicide if they fail in their examinations.
The RSS chief said that education which instills fundamental principles like dignity and self-respect in a person should be imparted.
"Educated people should be straightforward and should not have ego," he said, adding that value-based education is the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India