RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat stresses the value of education
Mumbai: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday stressed the importance of education to make individuals "fearless" and self-reliant.
"Education which will make individuals fearless and self-reliant should be imparted," Bhagwat said at the golden jubilee celebrations of the Vivekanand Education Society at suburban Chembur here.
Calling on the youth to face challenges in life, he lamented that students commit suicide if they fail in their examinations.
The RSS chief also said that education which instills fundamental principles like dignity and self-respect in a person should be imparted.
"An educated person should be straightforward and should not have ego in him," he said, adding that value-based education is the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state