RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat stresses the value of education
Mumbai: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday stressed the importance of education to make individuals "fearless" and self-reliant.
"Education which will make individuals fearless and self-reliant should be imparted," Bhagwat said at the golden jubilee celebrations of the Vivekanand Education Society at suburban Chembur here.
Calling on the youth to face challenges in life, he lamented that students commit suicide if they fail in their examinations.
The RSS chief also said that education which instills fundamental principles like dignity and self-respect in a person should be imparted.
"An educated person should be straightforward and should not have ego in him," he said, adding that value-based education is the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'