RSS denies ‘official’ links with Anna`s movement
Kolkata/Ralegan Sidhi: The RSS on Thursday said
Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption movement had its support and its
activists were not barred from joining the campaign but the
outfit noted it had no `official` link with the Gandhian.
Reacting to RSS Chief Mohan Bhagawat`s remarks in this
regard, Hazare denied that RSS was supporting his movement.
"We were with him. We are with him," Bhagwat said on the
question of the Sangh Parivar fount head’s support to the
Bhagwat however said RSS has not extended any help to
"Nobody officially sought RSS support for the
anti-corruption movement, and we also did not extend any help
to anyone officially," Bhagwat told reporters in Kolkata.
Bhagwat said RSS had no objection to its members joining
the movement in their individual capacity. "No swayamsevak has
been barred from joining the anti-corruption movement."
"...The movement is his(Hazare) brainchild, he developed
it. People see RSS is behind Anna what can I say about that.
In our individual capacity our volunteers have the permission
to support the movement," he added.
Bhagwat`s comments came against the backdrop of Congress
leader Digvijay Singh allegation that Hazare has a nexus with
BJP-RSS in the anti-corruption agitation.
"I have no relations with the RSS," he told reporters at
his native Ralegan Sidhi village in Maharashtra while denying
that RSS was supporting him.
"Let them say whatever they want. Yesterday Sonia Gandhi
said something....They are just targeting me. The world knows
who Anna is. What need is for me to be with them," he added.
Bhagwat yesterday said RSS has not joined Hazare`s
movement but will participate if asked to do so.
He also said that no `swayamsevaks` have been barred
from joining the programmes of the movement.
"We have not joined the movement. But the Sangh has not
stopped any RSS member from taking part in their programmes,"
Bhagwat said in Kolkata.
He said the RSS is trying to create good people who can
lead a corruption-free life.
"If asked to, we will participate in the movement, but
no request has come from Anna," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!