RSS man arrested for attack on senior functionary in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two persons including a member of RSS have been arrested by police for a murderous attack on a senior RSS functionary in the city last month.
Mohan Agnihotri, a senior functionary of the city unit of RSS, was stabbed by two men on May 30 in Hasanbagh area here, when he was returning from the annual training camp of RSS underway at Reshimbagh.
Agnihotri was grievously injured, but survived.
Local unit of RSS had threatened to launch an agitation if the culprits were not arrested.
Police today said one Ganesh Shripatre, a member of RSS, had some enmity with Agnihotri over a loan application. Both worked at a co-operative bank whose management is considered to be close to the Sangh Parivar.
Shripatre allegedly hired the services of Anand Tambe, a notorious goon against whom a number of cases, including an attempt to murder Agnihotri, have been registered.
The two allegedly stabbed Agnihotri on May 30 evening.
After receiving a tip-off, police searched for Tambe, who was absconding. The record of calls to his mobile number led the police to Shripatre.
Both were arrested last evening, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday