RSS man arrested for attack on senior functionary in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two persons including a member of RSS have been arrested by police for a murderous attack on a senior RSS functionary in the city last month.
Mohan Agnihotri, a senior functionary of the city unit of RSS, was stabbed by two men on May 30 in Hasanbagh area here, when he was returning from the annual training camp of RSS underway at Reshimbagh.
Agnihotri was grievously injured, but survived.
Local unit of RSS had threatened to launch an agitation if the culprits were not arrested.
Police today said one Ganesh Shripatre, a member of RSS, had some enmity with Agnihotri over a loan application. Both worked at a co-operative bank whose management is considered to be close to the Sangh Parivar.
Shripatre allegedly hired the services of Anand Tambe, a notorious goon against whom a number of cases, including an attempt to murder Agnihotri, have been registered.
The two allegedly stabbed Agnihotri on May 30 evening.
After receiving a tip-off, police searched for Tambe, who was absconding. The record of calls to his mobile number led the police to Shripatre.
Both were arrested last evening, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal