RSS man arrested for attack on senior functionary in Nagpur
Nagpur: Two persons including a member of RSS have been arrested by police for a murderous attack on a senior RSS functionary in the city last month.
Mohan Agnihotri, a senior functionary of the city unit of RSS, was stabbed by two men on May 30 in Hasanbagh area here, when he was returning from the annual training camp of RSS underway at Reshimbagh.
Agnihotri was grievously injured, but survived.
Local unit of RSS had threatened to launch an agitation if the culprits were not arrested.
Police today said one Ganesh Shripatre, a member of RSS, had some enmity with Agnihotri over a loan application. Both worked at a co-operative bank whose management is considered to be close to the Sangh Parivar.
Shripatre allegedly hired the services of Anand Tambe, a notorious goon against whom a number of cases, including an attempt to murder Agnihotri, have been registered.
The two allegedly stabbed Agnihotri on May 30 evening.
After receiving a tip-off, police searched for Tambe, who was absconding. The record of calls to his mobile number led the police to Shripatre.
Both were arrested last evening, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her