RSS re-elects Suresh Joshi as general secretary
Nagpur: Sangh Parivar fount head RSS has
re-elected Suresh Joshi "Bhaiyyaji" as Sarkaryawah (General
Secretary), the highest executive post for which elections are
held in the organisation.
Joshi was elected as Sarkaryawah for the second
consecutive term today at the on-going Akhil Bharatiya
Pratinidhi Sabha (ABPS) meeting being held at Reshambag
premises of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh here.
The post of general secretary is the highest post for
which elections are held in the RSS as the Sangh chief is
nominated by consensus. Joshi will have a three-year term.
Joshi`s name was proposed by Bajranglal Gupta, head of
the Northern region of RSS and seconded by AR Mohan, head of
the Southern region and Ranendranath, head of the Eastern
The general secretary has the powers to make his own team
of office bearers to help him carry out his duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees