RSS re-elects Suresh Joshi as general secretary
Nagpur: Sangh Parivar fount head RSS has
re-elected Suresh Joshi "Bhaiyyaji" as Sarkaryawah (General
Secretary), the highest executive post for which elections are
held in the organisation.
Joshi was elected as Sarkaryawah for the second
consecutive term today at the on-going Akhil Bharatiya
Pratinidhi Sabha (ABPS) meeting being held at Reshambag
premises of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh here.
The post of general secretary is the highest post for
which elections are held in the RSS as the Sangh chief is
nominated by consensus. Joshi will have a three-year term.
Joshi`s name was proposed by Bajranglal Gupta, head of
the Northern region of RSS and seconded by AR Mohan, head of
the Southern region and Ranendranath, head of the Eastern
The general secretary has the powers to make his own team
of office bearers to help him carry out his duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'