RSS re-elects Suresh Joshi as general secretary
Nagpur: Sangh Parivar fount head RSS has
re-elected Suresh Joshi "Bhaiyyaji" as Sarkaryawah (General
Secretary), the highest executive post for which elections are
held in the organisation.
Joshi was elected as Sarkaryawah for the second
consecutive term today at the on-going Akhil Bharatiya
Pratinidhi Sabha (ABPS) meeting being held at Reshambag
premises of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh here.
The post of general secretary is the highest post for
which elections are held in the RSS as the Sangh chief is
nominated by consensus. Joshi will have a three-year term.
Joshi`s name was proposed by Bajranglal Gupta, head of
the Northern region of RSS and seconded by AR Mohan, head of
the Southern region and Ranendranath, head of the Eastern
The general secretary has the powers to make his own team
of office bearers to help him carry out his duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city