RSS worker Kisan Gharpure passes away
Thane: Senior RSS worker PV Kisan Gharpure died of heart attack in the wee hours Wedneday, family sources said.
Gharpure, 79, is survived by wife and a son.
An ardent activist of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Gharpure was active during Emergency and was imprisoned for 18 months.
He was active in political and social activities in Thane and was the president of the district unit of BJP for 10 years.
His funeral, held in the afternoon, was attended by MLA Eknath Shinde and Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed