RSS worker Kisan Gharpure passes away
Thane: Senior RSS worker PV Kisan Gharpure died of heart attack in the wee hours Wedneday, family sources said.
Gharpure, 79, is survived by wife and a son.
An ardent activist of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Gharpure was active during Emergency and was imprisoned for 18 months.
He was active in political and social activities in Thane and was the president of the district unit of BJP for 10 years.
His funeral, held in the afternoon, was attended by MLA Eknath Shinde and Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah