RSS worker Kisan Gharpure passes away
Thane: Senior RSS worker PV Kisan Gharpure died of heart attack in the wee hours Wedneday, family sources said.
Gharpure, 79, is survived by wife and a son.
An ardent activist of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Gharpure was active during Emergency and was imprisoned for 18 months.
He was active in political and social activities in Thane and was the president of the district unit of BJP for 10 years.
His funeral, held in the afternoon, was attended by MLA Eknath Shinde and Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!