RSS worker Kisan Gharpure passes away
Thane: Senior RSS worker PV Kisan Gharpure died of heart attack in the wee hours Wedneday, family sources said.
Gharpure, 79, is survived by wife and a son.
An ardent activist of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Gharpure was active during Emergency and was imprisoned for 18 months.
He was active in political and social activities in Thane and was the president of the district unit of BJP for 10 years.
His funeral, held in the afternoon, was attended by MLA Eknath Shinde and Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list