RSS worker Kisan Gharpure passes away
Thane: Senior RSS worker PV Kisan Gharpure died of heart attack in the wee hours Wedneday, family sources said.
Gharpure, 79, is survived by wife and a son.
An ardent activist of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Gharpure was active during Emergency and was imprisoned for 18 months.
He was active in political and social activities in Thane and was the president of the district unit of BJP for 10 years.
His funeral, held in the afternoon, was attended by MLA Eknath Shinde and Deputy Mayor Milind Patankar among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail