Runway closure affects ops at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: Flight operations at the city
airport were severely affected Wednesday due to the closure of
main runway, coupled with water-logging at terminal 1-C and
There was a delay of one to one and a half hour across
flights at Mumbai airport due to the closure of runway for
over an hour, an airport source said here.
At the top of it, there was power cut as well as
water-logging of newly constructed terminal 1-C which further
led to congestion at the airport, the source said.
The Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) said that
the main runway 09x27 was closed for 50 minutes (0810 hours to
0900 hours) to clear glass pieces of runway edge light which
were broken by a departing aircraft.
"Due to the closure, there was a long queue of
aircraft at the runway awaiting clearance from the ATC,"
The source also said that following rains last night,
there was water-logging at terminal 1-C leading to the closure
of the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Austrian GP: Mercedes drier Nico Rosberg targets hat-trick on Sunday
- Govt will push GST bill passage in monsoon session: Naidu
- AAP legislator Dinesh Mohaniya, accused of sexually harassing woman, gets bail
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Here's what Iulia Vantur advised the actor!
- Ataturk airport attack reports no Indian casualty