Runway closure affects ops at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: Flight operations at the city
airport were severely affected Wednesday due to the closure of
main runway, coupled with water-logging at terminal 1-C and
There was a delay of one to one and a half hour across
flights at Mumbai airport due to the closure of runway for
over an hour, an airport source said here.
At the top of it, there was power cut as well as
water-logging of newly constructed terminal 1-C which further
led to congestion at the airport, the source said.
The Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) said that
the main runway 09x27 was closed for 50 minutes (0810 hours to
0900 hours) to clear glass pieces of runway edge light which
were broken by a departing aircraft.
"Due to the closure, there was a long queue of
aircraft at the runway awaiting clearance from the ATC,"
The source also said that following rains last night,
there was water-logging at terminal 1-C leading to the closure
of the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town