Runway closure affects ops at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: Flight operations at the city
airport were severely affected Wednesday due to the closure of
main runway, coupled with water-logging at terminal 1-C and
There was a delay of one to one and a half hour across
flights at Mumbai airport due to the closure of runway for
over an hour, an airport source said here.
At the top of it, there was power cut as well as
water-logging of newly constructed terminal 1-C which further
led to congestion at the airport, the source said.
The Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) said that
the main runway 09x27 was closed for 50 minutes (0810 hours to
0900 hours) to clear glass pieces of runway edge light which
were broken by a departing aircraft.
"Due to the closure, there was a long queue of
aircraft at the runway awaiting clearance from the ATC,"
The source also said that following rains last night,
there was water-logging at terminal 1-C leading to the closure
of the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?