Runway closure affects ops at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: Flight operations at the city
airport were severely affected Wednesday due to the closure of
main runway, coupled with water-logging at terminal 1-C and
There was a delay of one to one and a half hour across
flights at Mumbai airport due to the closure of runway for
over an hour, an airport source said here.
At the top of it, there was power cut as well as
water-logging of newly constructed terminal 1-C which further
led to congestion at the airport, the source said.
The Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) said that
the main runway 09x27 was closed for 50 minutes (0810 hours to
0900 hours) to clear glass pieces of runway edge light which
were broken by a departing aircraft.
"Due to the closure, there was a long queue of
aircraft at the runway awaiting clearance from the ATC,"
The source also said that following rains last night,
there was water-logging at terminal 1-C leading to the closure
of the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak