Runway closure affects ops at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: Flight operations at the city
airport were severely affected Wednesday due to the closure of
main runway, coupled with water-logging at terminal 1-C and
There was a delay of one to one and a half hour across
flights at Mumbai airport due to the closure of runway for
over an hour, an airport source said here.
At the top of it, there was power cut as well as
water-logging of newly constructed terminal 1-C which further
led to congestion at the airport, the source said.
The Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) said that
the main runway 09x27 was closed for 50 minutes (0810 hours to
0900 hours) to clear glass pieces of runway edge light which
were broken by a departing aircraft.
"Due to the closure, there was a long queue of
aircraft at the runway awaiting clearance from the ATC,"
The source also said that following rains last night,
there was water-logging at terminal 1-C leading to the closure
of the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested