Runway operations at Mumbai airport hit by rains
Mumbai: Runway operations at Mumbai airport were shut down for 20 minutes after its surface was damaged due to heavy rains.
"Flight operations at the Mumbai airport remained shut between 1240 hours to 1300 hours after the runway surface was damaged due to heavy rains," a source told reporters here.
One Kingfisher flight was diverted to Ahmedabad due to the closure, the source added.
The Mumbai airport spokesperson was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Novak Djokovic beats scare, Rafael Nadal eases at revamped US Open
- Colombia ceasefire ends half-century war with FARC
- Embarrassment for Congress as Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife criticises Amarinder Singh
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2