Runway operations at Mumbai airport hit by rains
Mumbai: Runway operations at Mumbai airport were shut down for 20 minutes after its surface was damaged due to heavy rains.
"Flight operations at the Mumbai airport remained shut between 1240 hours to 1300 hours after the runway surface was damaged due to heavy rains," a source told reporters here.
One Kingfisher flight was diverted to Ahmedabad due to the closure, the source added.
The Mumbai airport spokesperson was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal