Sadhvi Pragya can be shifted to another jail: Official
Nashik: Following allegations that Pragya
Singh Thakur was not safe in the Nashik Central Prison and
that the authorities were abusing and insulting her, a senior
jail official on Wednesday told a local court that the Malegaon blast
accused sadhvi can be shifted to another cell.
Jail Superintendent Swati Sathe was summoned by local
court judge ST Naik yesterday after a three-member committee
submitted Thakur`s statement alleging she was not safe in the
prison and also that the SP was abusing and insulting her.
Thakur, undergoing treatment for spondylitis in the
Nashik civil hospital since Saturday, had told reporters that
she was harassed mentally and physically and was not safe in the
jail. As a mark of protest, she went on hunger strike.
She called off the hunger strike yesterday and took
food and medicines after the three-member panel headed by Adv
Indrayani Patani, Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar and her counsel
Umesh Walzade recorded her statement on Monday.
The court will hear Thakur`s statement on April 3
and has restrained her from talking to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why