Sadhvi Pragya can be shifted to another jail: Official
Nashik: Following allegations that Pragya
Singh Thakur was not safe in the Nashik Central Prison and
that the authorities were abusing and insulting her, a senior
jail official on Wednesday told a local court that the Malegaon blast
accused sadhvi can be shifted to another cell.
Jail Superintendent Swati Sathe was summoned by local
court judge ST Naik yesterday after a three-member committee
submitted Thakur`s statement alleging she was not safe in the
prison and also that the SP was abusing and insulting her.
Thakur, undergoing treatment for spondylitis in the
Nashik civil hospital since Saturday, had told reporters that
she was harassed mentally and physically and was not safe in the
jail. As a mark of protest, she went on hunger strike.
She called off the hunger strike yesterday and took
food and medicines after the three-member panel headed by Adv
Indrayani Patani, Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar and her counsel
Umesh Walzade recorded her statement on Monday.
The court will hear Thakur`s statement on April 3
and has restrained her from talking to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali