Sadhvi Pragya can be shifted to another jail: Official
Nashik: Following allegations that Pragya
Singh Thakur was not safe in the Nashik Central Prison and
that the authorities were abusing and insulting her, a senior
jail official on Wednesday told a local court that the Malegaon blast
accused sadhvi can be shifted to another cell.
Jail Superintendent Swati Sathe was summoned by local
court judge ST Naik yesterday after a three-member committee
submitted Thakur`s statement alleging she was not safe in the
prison and also that the SP was abusing and insulting her.
Thakur, undergoing treatment for spondylitis in the
Nashik civil hospital since Saturday, had told reporters that
she was harassed mentally and physically and was not safe in the
jail. As a mark of protest, she went on hunger strike.
She called off the hunger strike yesterday and took
food and medicines after the three-member panel headed by Adv
Indrayani Patani, Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar and her counsel
Umesh Walzade recorded her statement on Monday.
The court will hear Thakur`s statement on April 3
and has restrained her from talking to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'