Sadhvi seeks temporary bail to perform last rites of father
Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast case, on Monday filed an application before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court seeking temporary bail to perform last rites of her father.
"The court has posted the application for hearing on March 6," said Sadhvi`s counsel Ganesh Sovani.
Sadhvi`s father Chandra Pal Singh died on Saturday in Madhya Pradesh.
Sadhvi, along with twelve others, including Lt Col Prasad Purohit, is accused of triggering a blast in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons and injuring 100 others, and was booked under MCOCA, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides relevant sections of IPC.
The trial in the case is yet to commence as the plea of some of the accused challenging invocation of MCOCA in the case is pending before Supreme Court.
Sadhvi is also an accused in the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand