Sadhvi seeks temporary bail to perform last rites of father
Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast case, on Monday filed an application before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court seeking temporary bail to perform last rites of her father.
"The court has posted the application for hearing on March 6," said Sadhvi`s counsel Ganesh Sovani.
Sadhvi`s father Chandra Pal Singh died on Saturday in Madhya Pradesh.
Sadhvi, along with twelve others, including Lt Col Prasad Purohit, is accused of triggering a blast in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons and injuring 100 others, and was booked under MCOCA, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides relevant sections of IPC.
The trial in the case is yet to commence as the plea of some of the accused challenging invocation of MCOCA in the case is pending before Supreme Court.
Sadhvi is also an accused in the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'