Sadhvi seeks temporary bail to perform last rites of father
Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast case, on Monday filed an application before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court seeking temporary bail to perform last rites of her father.
"The court has posted the application for hearing on March 6," said Sadhvi`s counsel Ganesh Sovani.
Sadhvi`s father Chandra Pal Singh died on Saturday in Madhya Pradesh.
Sadhvi, along with twelve others, including Lt Col Prasad Purohit, is accused of triggering a blast in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons and injuring 100 others, and was booked under MCOCA, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides relevant sections of IPC.
The trial in the case is yet to commence as the plea of some of the accused challenging invocation of MCOCA in the case is pending before Supreme Court.
Sadhvi is also an accused in the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown