Sadhvi seeks temporary bail to perform last rites of father
Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast case, on Monday filed an application before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court seeking temporary bail to perform last rites of her father.
"The court has posted the application for hearing on March 6," said Sadhvi`s counsel Ganesh Sovani.
Sadhvi`s father Chandra Pal Singh died on Saturday in Madhya Pradesh.
Sadhvi, along with twelve others, including Lt Col Prasad Purohit, is accused of triggering a blast in Malegaon on September 29, 2008, killing six persons and injuring 100 others, and was booked under MCOCA, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides relevant sections of IPC.
The trial in the case is yet to commence as the plea of some of the accused challenging invocation of MCOCA in the case is pending before Supreme Court.
Sadhvi is also an accused in the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Not in the best of form, Roger Federer reaches crossroads at Wimbledon
- Lodha panel's recommendations could take cricket 20 years back, feels Anurag Thakur
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced