Saffron alliance in ideological confusion: NCP
Mumbai: The NCP on Thursday said Shiv Sena-BJP and its new partner RPI (Athavale) were in a state of ideological confusion and unfit to face the electorate.
At a press conference, NCP spokesman Nawab Malik said while Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray maintains that his party would never give up Hindutva, BJP says Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi is a secular leader.
Similarly, RPI (Athavale) says it would uphold the teachings of B R Ambedkar.
"The saffron partners and their ally are in a confused state of mind and unfit to face the electorate," Malik said.
Referring to controversy over the Mahalaxmi race course ground, Malik said Shiv Sena should publicly state it wants the area for a Bal Thackeray memorial.
"The ground is used currently by Mumbaikars for 320 days in a year. Horse racing is held only for 40 days a year. Mumbaikars use it for jogging and yoga.
"Clubs like Matoshree in suburban Mumbai are out of bounds for ordinary people even though they were constructed on land of the civic body given to Shiv Sena leaders on lease," he stated.
Meanwhile, Malik informed that the state unit of NCP would meet on June 26 and discuss party`s strategy for the Lok Sabha and assembly elections scheduled for next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan