Saffron alliance strong & intact, says Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Friday downplayed the demand made during the BJP state executive meeting about going solo in the upcoming Assembly elections, saying that the saffron alliance put together by its top leaders was strong and intact.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines of a book release function, Uddhav said, "The Sena-BJP alliance was the legacy of late Bal Thackeray, Atal Bihari Vajpayee and LK Advani. Hence, views of others don`t matter."
"Only if the state BJP chief Devendra Fadanvis speaks to me about it, I will consider it official," he said.
Uddhav was responding to queries about the demand at the state BJP meeting held yesterday that the BJP should call off the alliance and contest all seats separately.
Earlier, speaking at the book release function, Uddhav said, in a veiled reference to the demand at BJP meeting, that good days were here for the people after Narendra Modi won the Lok Sabha polls, but his tension had grown.
The book was about tension-free life penned by Dr PB Ramani.
Buoyed by the party`s spectacular showing in the Lok Sabha elections, several office-bearers of Maharashtra BJP said the party must not play second fiddle to alliance partner Shiv Sena in the Assembly elections which are due later this year. Shiv Sena (traditionally) contests 174 seats and BJP only 114 in the Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- The Aventador 'Miura Hommage' looks jaw-dropping!
- Overcast conditions in city
- Extremists in India, Pakistan think military action is only solution to Indo-Pak conflict: Sudheendra Kulkarni
- 7th Pay Commission: All you should know
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO