Saffron alliance to announce seat-sharing formula
Beed: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde
on Monday said the seat-sharing formula for the upcoming civic and
local bodies polls in Maharashtra will be announced in Mumbai
on January 11.
"On January 11, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav
Thackeray, Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas
Athawale and I myself will declare the formula in Mumbai for
the civic polls," Munde told reporters here.
Ten municipal corporations, including the Greater
Mumbai Municipal Corporation, will exercise their franchise on
February 16, while polling for 27 zila parishads will be held
on February 7.
Referring to the outcome of recently held municipal
council polls, the former chief minister said NCP could win
only two out of six municipal councils in the district even as
it had two ministers and five MLAs from Beed.
Munde also said the triumvirate of Shiv Sena, BJP and
RPI would continue and contest the upcoming local bodies and
civic polls together.
Replying to a query on likely action against his
nephew Dhananjay Munde, the senior BJP leader said BJP has
appointed two observers and after investigation stern action
would be taken.
Commenting on the killing of a sugarcane worker
Shahadev Tayad, Munde said, "It is unfortunate that somebody
had set him on fire for money. It is a murder and I condemn
Munde also declared an assistance of Rs 50,000 to the
kin of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh