Sai Baba temple: 6,000 kg rotten laddoos disposed
Shirdi: Over 6,000 kgs of `laddoos` (sweets) at the Sai Baba temple that had rotten were disposed of by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) team here, official sources said on Wednesday.
On August 25, devotees complained that the prasad laddoos made at the temple smelled foul and tasted bitter. They had questioned the quality of ghee (clarified butter) used for making prasad.
Following the complaints, committee members of the temple trust, including Ahmednagar-based district judge Jayant Kulkarni and Collector Sanjeev Kumar had also found that the laddoos tasted foul and hinted at action against the ghee manufacturer and supplier.
Late last night, FDA officials disposed of a stock of 6,796 kg laddoos worth Rs 8.15 lakh in a pit near the Sai Baba trust, sources said.
The FDA team collected samples of ghee used for preparing prasad at the shrine, which would be sent for testing, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray