Saibaba Sansthan faces water shortage
Shirdi: Shri Saibaba Sansthan is facing severe water shortage with the Darana lake drying up due to drought, Sansthan officials said.
The lake has water available only for four days, Saibaba trust`s executive officer Kishore More said.
The officials are worried since `Guru Poornima` festival is scheduled to begin on July 4 and a huge rush of devotees is expected around that time.
As a temporary solution, Sansthan has stopped its water supply to Kankuri and Pimpalwadi villages and attempts are being made to arrange water from lakes and wells, More said.
Sansthan`s Darana lake has a capacity of 332 mld, out of which daily 5 mld is supplied to it.
Because of water shortage, the people in `prasadalaya` are being served lunch on disposable leaf plates instead of the steel ones, More added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing