Saibaba Sansthan faces water shortage
Shirdi: Shri Saibaba Sansthan is facing severe water shortage with the Darana lake drying up due to drought, Sansthan officials said.
The lake has water available only for four days, Saibaba trust`s executive officer Kishore More said.
The officials are worried since `Guru Poornima` festival is scheduled to begin on July 4 and a huge rush of devotees is expected around that time.
As a temporary solution, Sansthan has stopped its water supply to Kankuri and Pimpalwadi villages and attempts are being made to arrange water from lakes and wells, More said.
Sansthan`s Darana lake has a capacity of 332 mld, out of which daily 5 mld is supplied to it.
Because of water shortage, the people in `prasadalaya` are being served lunch on disposable leaf plates instead of the steel ones, More added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon