Saibaba Sansthan faces water shortage
Shirdi: Shri Saibaba Sansthan is facing severe water shortage with the Darana lake drying up due to drought, Sansthan officials said.
The lake has water available only for four days, Saibaba trust`s executive officer Kishore More said.
The officials are worried since `Guru Poornima` festival is scheduled to begin on July 4 and a huge rush of devotees is expected around that time.
As a temporary solution, Sansthan has stopped its water supply to Kankuri and Pimpalwadi villages and attempts are being made to arrange water from lakes and wells, More said.
Sansthan`s Darana lake has a capacity of 332 mld, out of which daily 5 mld is supplied to it.
Because of water shortage, the people in `prasadalaya` are being served lunch on disposable leaf plates instead of the steel ones, More added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145