Saibaba Sansthan Trust: PIL filed against members
Shirdi: A public interest litigation
(PIL) was on Monday filed in the Aurangabad Bench of the Bombay
High Court alleging misuse of financial powers by the members
of Shirdi-based Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust.
The petition was filed by social worker Sanjay Bhaskar
Hearing a separate PIL on March 13, the Bench had
ordered dismissal of the 16-member trust, which manages the
Sai Baba temple - one of the richest shrines in India located
in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra - on the ground it was
functioning "beyond its legal term" that expired in 2007.
Today`s PIL alleges that some members of the Sansthan
misused their financial powers while releasing funds under
different welfare schemes run by the trust.
In the past also, numerous charges of misappropriation
of funds had been levelled against members of the trust.
While disbanding the trust, the Bench had asked the
Maharashtra Government to form, within a fortnight, a new
committee to manage the temple`s affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj