Saibaba Sansthan Trust: PIL filed against members
Shirdi: A public interest litigation
(PIL) was on Monday filed in the Aurangabad Bench of the Bombay
High Court alleging misuse of financial powers by the members
of Shirdi-based Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust.
The petition was filed by social worker Sanjay Bhaskar
Hearing a separate PIL on March 13, the Bench had
ordered dismissal of the 16-member trust, which manages the
Sai Baba temple - one of the richest shrines in India located
in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra - on the ground it was
functioning "beyond its legal term" that expired in 2007.
Today`s PIL alleges that some members of the Sansthan
misused their financial powers while releasing funds under
different welfare schemes run by the trust.
In the past also, numerous charges of misappropriation
of funds had been levelled against members of the trust.
While disbanding the trust, the Bench had asked the
Maharashtra Government to form, within a fortnight, a new
committee to manage the temple`s affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday