Saibaba temple earned Rs 1,441 crore in last five years
Shirdi: Saibaba Sansthan trust has recorded Rs 1,441 crore income in the last five years, with 22 per cent higher donations received every year, Sansthan`s executive officer Kishor More said on Wednesday.
The trust has spent Rs 828 crore on various beneficial works for devotees, including Rs 160 crore on hospital, `prasadalaya` and funds allotted in the form of donations to various charity trusts, More said, quoting the figures recorded after the Sansthan`s audit conducted recently by a government recognised agency.
Five years back, about 20,000 devotees used to visit the Saibaba`s shrine daily, but presently figures show that around 60,000 people come to visit the temple everyday and the number goes up to about one lakh on weekends.
During special festivals at least two to three lakh devotees visit the famous shrine, More said, adding that the daily income now was around Rs 45 lakh, as compared to Rs 20 lakh per day five years back.
The trust has contributed funds on building super-speciality hospital, Shirdi`s roads, water arrangements, various developmental works including Chief Minister`s Relief fund and Shirdi`s airport, he said.
The audited report of the Sansthan will be tabled in the state Assembly during the winter session for grant, he said.
When asked about `hidden donations` in boxes like gold ornaments, cash and foreign currency, More said the trust has not a separate machinery to check such things because when devotees come to seek blessings of Saibaba they donate money, but from where they get it is difficult to know.
Instead of counting donated money once in a week in practice five years back, now it is being counted twice a week and an officer from charity commissioner`s office and Sansthan`s officials remains present at the time of opening and closing of donation boxes, a video recording of which is also done, More added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next