Saibaba temple gets donations worth Rs 4.47 cr in 3 days
Shirdi: The Saibaba temple here has received donations worth Rs 4.47 crore during the recent Guru Poornima festival, an official said Wednesday.
The temple received donations worth Rs 4.47 crore from devotees during the three-day Guru Poornima festival held last week which is Rs 38 lakh more than that received during the same time last year, Shri Saibaba Sansthan`s chief accounts officer Dilip Zirpe said.
The sansthan received cash, gold and silver ornaments worth Rs 3.10 crore in its donation box, while donations worth Rs 1.46 crore (of cash and ornaments) was made online and at the sansthan`s cash counters, he said.
Hundreds of foreign devotees from 25 countries also donated foreign currencies, estimated to be worth about Rs 10 to 12 lakh during the festival, Zirpe said, adding that its exact valuation was yet to be done.
The sansthan has deposits of Rs 1,190 crore in different nationalised banks, while the Saibaba treasure has 305 kg gold and 3,647 kg silver, which as per today`s market rate are worth Rs 108 crore, he said.
The Saibaba sansthan provided free meal during the three-day festival from Rs 20 lakh donated by 10 devotees.
Besides, 2.5 lakh `ladoo` packets were distributed free to devotees, sansthan`s executive officer Kundan Sonawane said, adding that many devotees also donated blood before taking blessings of Saibaba during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam