Sajid Nadiadwala`s father-in-law pushed to death by nephew
Mumbai: Bollywood filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala`s father-in-law was allegedly pushed to death by his nephew from the fourth floor of a building following a heated argument in suburban Andheri, police said on wednesday.
According to police, deceased Azeez Rehman Khan (65), who resided in Saurabh apartment`s `H` wing, had gone to his brother Qalid Khan`s house in `F` wing in the same compound. A heated argument ensued with Qalid`s son Shahzeb Khan, who in a fit of rage pushed Azeez from the fourth floor yesterday at around 10.30 AM.
Azeez, who is the father-in-law of film producer Sajid Nadiadwala, was immediately rushed to nearby Kokilaben Hospital where he succumbed to injuries while undergoing treatment last evening, police said.
Preliminary probe suggests that Azeez and Qalid allegedly had a property dispute which might have caused the incident, police said.
"When Azeez had gone to the house of his brother Qalid and rang the door bell yesterday, Qalid`s younger son attended the door stating his father was not at home," Versova police inspector P More said.
However, Azeez went to Qalid`s residence the second time after a while and rang the door bell when a furious Shahzeb rushed out only to pick up a heated argument, More added.
While the argument was on near the house entrance, Shahzeb, in a fit of rage, pushed his uncle, who lost control and fell from fourth floor, the officer said.
Azeez was rushed to the nearby Kokilaben hospital where he succumbed to injuries last evening, More said adding that Shahzeb was arrested on the charge of murder.
The accused was produced before a local court which remanded him in police custody till October 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal