Salaskar`s daughter gets govt job
Mumbai: More than two years after 26/11 terror strike in Mumbai, the daughter of slain cop Vijay Salaskar has been given a government job after the intervention of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Divya Salaskar, daughter of encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar who died fighting Lashker-e-Taiba terrorists during 2008 attack, was today given a government job on compassionate grounds.
Almost hanging fire in Maharashtra government for over two years, Divya was appointed as Assistant Commissioner of Sales Tax, Mumbai after Union Home Minister P Chidambaram intervened in the matter.
"I promised her that I would take up the matter with the Chief Minister of Maharashtra and would request him to persuade the Mumbai Public Service Commission to expedite the case," Chidambaram said in a statement in New Delhi.
He intervened in the matter after it was brought to his notice that the appointment of Salaskar`s daughter was hanging fire for quite some time.
"This morning, I was informed by the Chief Minister, Maharashtra that the appointment of Divya Salaskar as Assistant Commissioner of Sales Tax, Mumbai has been approved," the Home Minister said.
Inspector Salaskar was among the first causalities with ATS Chief Hemant Karkare and Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte during the 26/11 attacks on the megapolis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000