Samad was never questioned in German Bakery blast case: Lawyer
Mumbai: Abdul Samad, an accused in a 2009
arms seizure case, was never questioned in connection with the
German Bakery blast although ATS quizzed him regarding the
whereabouts of his elder brother Mohammed Ahmed, his lawyer
said here on Monday.
According to investigating agencies, it is suspected that
Mohammed Ahmed is Yasin Bhatkal, one of the founder members of
terror outfit Indian Mujaheedin, which is stated to be behind
the February 13 German Bakery blast in Pune that killed 17
Samad, who was released from jail on Sunday after being
granted bail, called a press conference this afternoon where
he said his lawyer Mubin Solkar will brief the media.
Soon after his arrest on May 25, Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram had in a statement said Samad was one of the main
suspects in German Bakery blast case.
The ATS had, however, arrested Samad only in connection
with the illegal arms seizure case and he was neither
questioned in the German Bakery blast nor shown as a suspect
in that case, Solkar said.
Asked if Samad proposed to take legal action against the
government for defaming him, Solkar said, "No decision in this
regard has been taken so far."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons