Samajwadi Party announces candidates for 13 LS seats
Mumbai: The Samajwadi Party announced its candidates for 13 Lok Sabha seats here on
The party`s candidates include actor filmmaker Kamal Khan, who would contest from the Mumbai North West constituency against sitting MP Gurudas Kamat, while Kashinath Pasi would be fielded from Mumbai South Central, Kamlesh Yadav from Mumbai North and Rais Sheikh from Mumbai North East, it was announced.
Maharashtra Samajwadi Party president Abu Asim Azmi told reporters on Friday that the party would contest about 21 seats, while candidates for rest of the eight seats, including Mumbai South, Mumbai North Central, Bhiwandi, Dhule, Parbhani and Hingoli would be announced later.
He said that partymen were persuading him to contest from either Bhiwandi, Malegaon or Mumbai North Central.
"I will make up my mind soon," he said, adding that his son Farhan is also likely to be fielded.
The party also announced candidates for Wardha, Ahmednagar, Yavatmal, Washim, Gadchiroli, Jalna, Bhandara-Gondia, Ramtek, Beed and Nanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote