Samajwadi Party announces candidates for 13 LS seats
Mumbai: The Samajwadi Party announced its candidates for 13 Lok Sabha seats here on
The party`s candidates include actor filmmaker Kamal Khan, who would contest from the Mumbai North West constituency against sitting MP Gurudas Kamat, while Kashinath Pasi would be fielded from Mumbai South Central, Kamlesh Yadav from Mumbai North and Rais Sheikh from Mumbai North East, it was announced.
Maharashtra Samajwadi Party president Abu Asim Azmi told reporters on Friday that the party would contest about 21 seats, while candidates for rest of the eight seats, including Mumbai South, Mumbai North Central, Bhiwandi, Dhule, Parbhani and Hingoli would be announced later.
He said that partymen were persuading him to contest from either Bhiwandi, Malegaon or Mumbai North Central.
"I will make up my mind soon," he said, adding that his son Farhan is also likely to be fielded.
The party also announced candidates for Wardha, Ahmednagar, Yavatmal, Washim, Gadchiroli, Jalna, Bhandara-Gondia, Ramtek, Beed and Nanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'