Sameer Bhujbal demands direct Nashik-Mumbai train
Nashik: NCP MP Sameer Bhujbal has demanded
introduction of a direct Nashik-Mumbai train and sought to name it as `Kusumagraja Express` after late poet and noted playwright V V Shirwadkar alias Kavi Kusumagraja.
In a letter to Union Railway Minister Mamta Banerjee,
Bhujbal demanded that the train, on the lines of Jan Shatabdi,
is needed urgently considering the heavy rush of passengers on
the Nashik-Mumbai route.
He said it should be named after the Jnanpith award
winning poet from the district on the centenary celebration
year of Kusumagraja.
"We were expecting announcement for Nashik-Mumbai Express
from Banerjee but the minister has announced Manmad-Mumbai
`Rajyarani Express`, disappointing Nashikites. I had placed
the request before the minister even before the Rail Budget,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij