Sameer Bhujbal demands direct Nashik-Mumbai train
Nashik: NCP MP Sameer Bhujbal has demanded
introduction of a direct Nashik-Mumbai train and sought to name it as `Kusumagraja Express` after late poet and noted playwright V V Shirwadkar alias Kavi Kusumagraja.
In a letter to Union Railway Minister Mamta Banerjee,
Bhujbal demanded that the train, on the lines of Jan Shatabdi,
is needed urgently considering the heavy rush of passengers on
the Nashik-Mumbai route.
He said it should be named after the Jnanpith award
winning poet from the district on the centenary celebration
year of Kusumagraja.
"We were expecting announcement for Nashik-Mumbai Express
from Banerjee but the minister has announced Manmad-Mumbai
`Rajyarani Express`, disappointing Nashikites. I had placed
the request before the minister even before the Rail Budget,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery