Sameer Bhujbal demands direct Nashik-Mumbai train
Nashik: NCP MP Sameer Bhujbal has demanded
introduction of a direct Nashik-Mumbai train and sought to name it as `Kusumagraja Express` after late poet and noted playwright V V Shirwadkar alias Kavi Kusumagraja.
In a letter to Union Railway Minister Mamta Banerjee,
Bhujbal demanded that the train, on the lines of Jan Shatabdi,
is needed urgently considering the heavy rush of passengers on
the Nashik-Mumbai route.
He said it should be named after the Jnanpith award
winning poet from the district on the centenary celebration
year of Kusumagraja.
"We were expecting announcement for Nashik-Mumbai Express
from Banerjee but the minister has announced Manmad-Mumbai
`Rajyarani Express`, disappointing Nashikites. I had placed
the request before the minister even before the Rail Budget,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'