Sandhya died due to assault on skull, says forensic report
Mumbai: A forensic report on the death of a senior customs officer`s wife Sandhya Singh, whose skeletal remains were found in Navi Mumbai recently, has concluded that she was assaulted before being killed, police said.
Sandhya Singh was sister of yesteryears actresses Sulakshana Pandit and Vijeta Pandit. Sandhya`s two brothers are noted Bollywood music composers Jatin-Lalit. She resided with her family at Nerul`s NRI Colony in Seawoods.
"One more forensic report has been received by us and it suggests that injuries on Singh were ante-mortem," a Mumbai police crime branch official probing the high profile case said.
Sandhya (50) had gone missing since December 13 last year, when she went to a bank in Nerul carrying jewellery worth around Rs 20 lakh with her, police said.
A few days later, skull and bones were found at a patch of marshy land near an elite Nerul school in the last week of January.
A forensic report on these skeletal remains stated that these belonged to Sandhya Singh, after which the Navi Mumbai police registered a murder case.
The state government transferred the case to the Mumbai crime branch after her family demanded it.
The latest forensic report received indicated that injuries were inflicted on Sandhya before her death, police said.
"This means, her murderers injured her skull and she bled before being dumped near the school," the officer added. However, the police has not zeroed in on any suspect so far.
According to the police, on December 13 last year, Sandhya was on her way to the Abhyudaya Co-operative Bank`s local branch, which is about three kilometres from her residence, to deposit some jewelery in her bank locker.
Sandhya was dropped near the bank by her friend Uma Gaur, in a car. Since then, she went missing, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming