Sandhya Singh murder case: Victim`s husband grilled by police
Mumbai: Mumbai Crime Branch, probing the murder of Navi Mumbai-based housewife Sandhya Singh, who hailed from a Bollywood family, on Monday grilled her husband for nearly three hours, police said.
Sandhya`s husband Jai Prakash Singh, who is a senior IRS officer and posted in Indore as Customs and Central Excise Commissioner, was questioned on various topics pertaining to the murder case, a crime branch officer said.
"He came alone to the crime branch unit VI office in Chembur, where his statement was recorded. The questions pertained to his relationship with Sandhya; the value of the ornaments that went missing after the murder; his wife and son`s relation, etc among other things," the officer added.
Though Singh`s statement had been earlier recorded, today he was called to get answers for certain developments that emerged during probe in the past few days.
The skeletal remains of Sandhya (50), sister of yesteryear actress Vijeta Pandit and music composer Jatin-Lalit, were found in January this year not far off from her apartment in Seawoods area of Navi Mumbai.
She went missing in December minutes after she left home for a local bank along with a friend in a car. According to police, she went to the bank with jewellery worth lakhs of rupees to deposit them.
The murder case was later transferred from Navi Mumbai Police to Mumbai Crime Branch.
Crime Branch had moved an application before a Navi Mumbai court seeking permission to conduct narco-analysis, brain-mapping and polygraph tests on Sandhya`s son Raghuveer and his girlfriend Shreya.
Shreya has expressed her willingness to undergo these tests but Raghuveer, who is a suspect in the case, is yet to give his consent.
As per rules, scientific tests could not be conducted on suspects without their consents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi