Sangma in Mumbai; meets BJP legislators
Mumbai: Presidential hopeful PA Sangma, who is in the city as part of his campaign, on Tuesday met BJP legislators.
Sangma was also felicitated by Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Assembly, Eknath Khadse at the latter`s official residence in South Mumbai.
He is expected to address a meeting of BJP legislators later in the day.
Khadse said he would request the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) to support Sangma, who has been backed by the AIADMK, Biju Janata Dal and BJP.
On July 13, UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee will be in Mumbai and is expected to meet Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to express his gratitude for Sena`s support to his candidature in the Presidential polls.
He will also address a gathering of legislators of Congress and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in South Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH