Sangma in Mumbai; meets BJP legislators
Mumbai: Presidential hopeful PA Sangma, who is in the city as part of his campaign, on Tuesday met BJP legislators.
Sangma was also felicitated by Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Assembly, Eknath Khadse at the latter`s official residence in South Mumbai.
He is expected to address a meeting of BJP legislators later in the day.
Khadse said he would request the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) to support Sangma, who has been backed by the AIADMK, Biju Janata Dal and BJP.
On July 13, UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee will be in Mumbai and is expected to meet Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to express his gratitude for Sena`s support to his candidature in the Presidential polls.
He will also address a gathering of legislators of Congress and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in South Mumbai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory