Sangma in Mumbai; meets BJP legislators
Mumbai: Presidential hopeful PA Sangma, who is in the city as part of his campaign, on Tuesday met BJP legislators.
Sangma was also felicitated by Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Assembly, Eknath Khadse at the latter`s official residence in South Mumbai.
He is expected to address a meeting of BJP legislators later in the day.
Khadse said he would request the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) to support Sangma, who has been backed by the AIADMK, Biju Janata Dal and BJP.
On July 13, UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee will be in Mumbai and is expected to meet Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to express his gratitude for Sena`s support to his candidature in the Presidential polls.
He will also address a gathering of legislators of Congress and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in South Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel