Sangma in Mumbai; meets BJP legislators
Mumbai: Presidential hopeful PA Sangma, who is in the city as part of his campaign, on Tuesday met BJP legislators.
Sangma was also felicitated by Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Assembly, Eknath Khadse at the latter`s official residence in South Mumbai.
He is expected to address a meeting of BJP legislators later in the day.
Khadse said he would request the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) to support Sangma, who has been backed by the AIADMK, Biju Janata Dal and BJP.
On July 13, UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee will be in Mumbai and is expected to meet Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to express his gratitude for Sena`s support to his candidature in the Presidential polls.
He will also address a gathering of legislators of Congress and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in South Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past