Sanjay Dutt`s mercy plea should be considered positively: NCP
Nagpur: Actor Sanjay Dutt deserves to be pardoned after the Supreme Court sentenced him to five years` imprisonment and his mercy petition ought to be considered positively, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) spokesman DP Tripathi said here on Monday.
"The mercy petition whenever it is filed by Sanjay Dutt before the Maharashtra Governor, should be considered with positive attitude and sympathy," Tripathi told reporters.
The apex court has spared him of terror tag and he was only found guilty of keeping arms at his place, he said.
Tripathi claimed that the NCP`s stand right from day one has been to pardon him, unlike the Shiv Sena which first supported him and has now changed its stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief