Sanjay Dutt`s mercy plea should be considered positively: NCP
Nagpur: Actor Sanjay Dutt deserves to be pardoned after the Supreme Court sentenced him to five years` imprisonment and his mercy petition ought to be considered positively, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) spokesman DP Tripathi said here on Monday.
"The mercy petition whenever it is filed by Sanjay Dutt before the Maharashtra Governor, should be considered with positive attitude and sympathy," Tripathi told reporters.
The apex court has spared him of terror tag and he was only found guilty of keeping arms at his place, he said.
Tripathi claimed that the NCP`s stand right from day one has been to pardon him, unlike the Shiv Sena which first supported him and has now changed its stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof