Sanjay Dutt`s mercy plea should be considered positively: NCP
Nagpur: Actor Sanjay Dutt deserves to be pardoned after the Supreme Court sentenced him to five years` imprisonment and his mercy petition ought to be considered positively, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) spokesman DP Tripathi said here on Monday.
"The mercy petition whenever it is filed by Sanjay Dutt before the Maharashtra Governor, should be considered with positive attitude and sympathy," Tripathi told reporters.
The apex court has spared him of terror tag and he was only found guilty of keeping arms at his place, he said.
Tripathi claimed that the NCP`s stand right from day one has been to pardon him, unlike the Shiv Sena which first supported him and has now changed its stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam