Sanjay Raut in spotlight again
Mumbai: With BJP president Nitin Gadkari
objecting to the language used to describe his party`s leaders
in Shiv Sena mouthpiece `Saamana`, Sanjay Raut, the daily`s
executive editor and an MP, is in the spotlight.
Targeting Raut, a Rajya Sabha member and also a Shiv Sena
spokesperson, Gadkari recently said such writings were causing
rift in the three-decade-old saffron alliance.
"The type of language that is used for BJP leaders in
Saamana is not good for the success of the BJP-Sena alliance
in the future," Gadkari said in a TV interview.
Gadkari also said he had no way of communicating with Bal
Thackeray, because his phone calls were not passed on to
the Sena supremo. Raut retorted that he was not "a telephone
operator at the Thackeray residence".
In 2009, Bal Thackeray had distanced himself from an
editorial in `Saamana` that blamed the `Marathi manoos`
(Marathi-speakers) for the party`s debacle in the Maharashtra
"It was not outsiders but Maharashtrians themselves who
stabbed us (Sena) in the back," the editorial said. But later,
at a meeting with party legislators, Bal Thackeray said: "I
cannot say such a thing."
Then, turning to Raut, he asked: "Sanjay, did you write
that Marathi manoos stabbed us in the back?"
The exchange confirmed what was already known in media
circles: The editorial comment that goes in the name of
86-year old Thackeray, the daily`s editor, is actually penned
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency