Sankaranarayanan sworn in Maharashtra Governor
Mumbai: Kateekal Sankaranarayanan was
on Friday sworn in as the Governor of Maharashtra here.
The swearing-in of Sankaranarayanan, earlier Governor
of Jharkhand, took place at 10 am at the Raj Bhavan where
Acting Chief Justice of Bombay High Court J N Patel
administered the oath of office to him.
Outgoing Governor S C Jamir, Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, members of the
state cabinet were among those present on the occasion.
79-year-old Sankaranarayanan brings with him a vast
and varied experience in public life and had dominated the
political firmament of Kerala for nearly five decades.
Born on October 15, 1932 in Kerala, Sankaranarayanan`s
initiation into politics started early when he became a member
of Students Organization in 1946.
He rose to the position of Kerala Congress president
in 1977 after serving as General Secretary and President of
the Palghat district unit of the party and also served as the
Working Committee Member of the AICC.
Sankaranarayanan was elected to the Kerala Legislative
Assembly several times and represented Thrithala,
Sreekrishnapuram, Ottappalam and Palghat constituencies. He
was also a member of the ministries of K Karunakaran and A K
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog