Sankaranarayanan to be sworn in as Maha Governor on Jan 22
Mumbai: K Sankaranarayanan will take oath
as the Governor of Maharashtra at the Raj Bhavan here on
The swearing-in of Sankaranarayanan, currently serving
as the Governor of Jharkhand, will take place at 10 am at the
Durbar Hall where Acting Chief Justice of Bombay High Court J
N Patel will administer the oath of office to him.
Kateekal Sankaranarayanan, who brings with him a vast
and varied experience in public life, has dominated the
political firmament of Kerala for nearly five decades.
Born on 15th October 1932 in Kerala, Sankaranarayanan`s
initiation into politics started early when he became a member
of Students Organization in 1946.
He rose to the position of Kerala Congress president in
1977 after serving as General secretary and president of the
Palghat district unit of the party.
Sankaranarayanan also served as the Working Committee
Member of the AICC.
K Sankaranarayanan was elected to the Kerala Legislative
Assembly several times. He has represented Thrithala,
Sreekrishnapuram, Ottappalam and Palghat constituencies in the
Kerala Legislative Assembly.
He has also served as minister in the ministries of K
Karunakaran and A K Antony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test, Day 3 — As it happened...
- Two dead, 10 injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad