Sankaranarayanan to be sworn in as Maha Governor on Jan 22
Mumbai: K Sankaranarayanan will take oath
as the Governor of Maharashtra at the Raj Bhavan here on
The swearing-in of Sankaranarayanan, currently serving
as the Governor of Jharkhand, will take place at 10 am at the
Durbar Hall where Acting Chief Justice of Bombay High Court J
N Patel will administer the oath of office to him.
Kateekal Sankaranarayanan, who brings with him a vast
and varied experience in public life, has dominated the
political firmament of Kerala for nearly five decades.
Born on 15th October 1932 in Kerala, Sankaranarayanan`s
initiation into politics started early when he became a member
of Students Organization in 1946.
He rose to the position of Kerala Congress president in
1977 after serving as General secretary and president of the
Palghat district unit of the party.
Sankaranarayanan also served as the Working Committee
Member of the AICC.
K Sankaranarayanan was elected to the Kerala Legislative
Assembly several times. He has represented Thrithala,
Sreekrishnapuram, Ottappalam and Palghat constituencies in the
Kerala Legislative Assembly.
He has also served as minister in the ministries of K
Karunakaran and A K Antony.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'