Satypal Singh seeks impartial probe into sex racket matter
Mumbai: BJP MP and former Mumbai Police chief Satyapal Singh on Tuesday sought an impartial probe into busting of an alleged prostitution racket being operated from his flat, that he had rented out, in suburban Andheri.
He also spoke to City Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria and sought a proper investigation into the matter.
"It`s a shock for me that a flat that I have rented out to a reputed company and have not visited for years has come under the scanner by way of a raid," Singh said in a statement to the media.
"An irresponsible act by the caretaker of the tenant has been linked to my name and reputation maliciously. I was neither in legal or physical possession of the said property for the last decade," the former IPS officer clarified.
The social service branch of Mumbai Police had sent a decoy customer to the 10th floor apartment owned by Singh in Patliputra Housing Society in Andheri on Saturday night.
Once it was confirmed flesh trade is being run from there, police raided the house.
Two women - aged 20 and 22 - were rescued and one Vakil Raju Shah, appointed as the caretaker of the flat by the firm and alleged kingpin of the racket, was arrested, police said, adding Rs 4,000 was also seized from the premises.
"I have spoken to the Mumbai Police Commissioner and have requested him for an impartial investigation to get to the bottom of this matter. I suspect something fishy in this entire incident," Singh said.
However, Maria was unavailable for comment.
Referring to media reports on raid, Singh alleged, "Inspite of knowing all these facts, a few irresponsible reporters have published the story in such a way that the title is misleading and scandalous against me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen