Sawantwadi MLA Kesarkar resigns; to join Shiv Sena on Aug 5
Mumbai: Sawantwadi MLA Deepak Kesarkar, who had quit NCP last month after defying the party`s leadership by refusing to campaign for Nilesh Rane, Congress candidate in Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg parliamentary seat, Saturday resigned as member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly.
Kesarkar told PTI that he had resigned as MLA and will join the Shiv Sena in Sawantwadi on August 5 in presence of Party President Uddhav Thackeray.
On being asked whether he would fight the assembly elections on Sena ticket, Kesarkar said he would seek re-election if Shiv Sena nominates him.
Kesarkar resigned from NCP after he refused to heed Sharad Pawar`s directive to campaign for Rane.
His diatribe against state minister and Congress strongman Narayan Rane had caused a huge embarrassment to top party leadership in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls.
The MLA had accused Narayan Rane and his sons Nilesh and Nitesh of unleashing political terror in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report