SC rejects anticipatory bail of Padamsinh Patil
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today
rejected the anticipatory bail plea of suspended NCP leader
Padamsinh Patil who is accused of conspiring to kill social
activist Anna Hazare.
The apex court dismissed the appeal filed by Patil
against the decision of the Aurangabad Bench of the Bombay
High Court refusing to stay his arrest in connection with the
case registered on a complaint by Hazare alleging that he had
conspired to murder him.
"No ground is made out for grant of anticipatory bail
to Patil. The Special Leave Petition is dismissed
accordingly," a Bench comprising Justices D K Jain, M K Sharma
and R M Lodha said adding Patil`s regular bail plea could be
heard expeditiously if he surrenders within a week.
"We direct that if Patil surrenders within a week from
today and applies for regular bail, his prayer shall be
considered as expeditiously as possible," the Bench said.
Hazare had in September filed a complaint with the
Parner police in Ahmednagar based on the confessional
statement of Parasmal Jain, an accused in the murder case of
Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar.
"Jain in his statement before a magistrate had said Patil
had offered him supari (contract killing sum) to murder me,"
Hazare said in his complaint.
Patil was arrested by CBI in June this year for
allegedly hatching the conspiracy of Nimbalkar`s murder.
A sessions court in Alibag had granted him bail in the
case in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon