Scare at Obama hotel; cop accidentally shoots self
Mumbai: In a major security scare, a policeman accidentally fired his service revolver and injured his leg Saturday outside the Taj hotel, where US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle are staying.
Even as the US and Indian security went into a tizzy, the injured Assistant Police Inspector Suhas Chaudhari was rushed to the St. Georges Hospital near Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
The sudden noise of the gunshot resulted in a minor chaos inside and outside the hotel premises ahead of the private dinner that the Obamas were attending.
The US President is on a four-day India visit from November 6-9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister