School bus attendant arrested for raping 4-year-old in Badlapur
Mumbai: A four-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a school bus attendant, who lured her to the backseat of the vehicle on the pretext of showing her a magic trick, in neighbouring Thane district.
27-year-old Sandip Karve (27) was arrested yesterday, eight days after he allegedly sexually assaulted a KG student of an English medium school at Badlapur in the district.
"The incident came to light after the girl complained of intense pain and was hospitalised, following which the police were informed and arrested him," said a local police officer.
He said that eight days ago the girl and her friend were alone in the bus, which was parked in the school premises, when Karve entered the bus, took the girl to the back of the bus on the pretext of showing her a magic trick, and sexually assaulted her.
"The child cried for help and her friend -- of the same age -- walked to the back of the bus, but Karve threatened both of them, asking them to keep quiet," the officer said.
Later, as other children returned to the bus, Karve travelled with them as usual, dropping all of them at their respective places.
He has been booked under section 376 (rape) of Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children From Sexual Abuse Act, 2012.
"We will also record statements of other children in the school to find out if he had committed similar crimes in the past," the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state