School bus attendant arrested for raping 4-year-old in Badlapur
Mumbai: A four-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a school bus attendant, who lured her to the backseat of the vehicle on the pretext of showing her a magic trick, in neighbouring Thane district.
27-year-old Sandip Karve (27) was arrested yesterday, eight days after he allegedly sexually assaulted a KG student of an English medium school at Badlapur in the district.
"The incident came to light after the girl complained of intense pain and was hospitalised, following which the police were informed and arrested him," said a local police officer.
He said that eight days ago the girl and her friend were alone in the bus, which was parked in the school premises, when Karve entered the bus, took the girl to the back of the bus on the pretext of showing her a magic trick, and sexually assaulted her.
"The child cried for help and her friend -- of the same age -- walked to the back of the bus, but Karve threatened both of them, asking them to keep quiet," the officer said.
Later, as other children returned to the bus, Karve travelled with them as usual, dropping all of them at their respective places.
He has been booked under section 376 (rape) of Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children From Sexual Abuse Act, 2012.
"We will also record statements of other children in the school to find out if he had committed similar crimes in the past," the police official said.
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary