School bus owners on strike in Mumbai
Mumbai: The School Bus Owners Association
here began an indefinite strike on Friday, inconveniencing
students and parents.
The Association said their representatives were called
for a meeting with the Maharashtra government on Wednesday but
their demands were not met.
"No concrete assurance has been received from the
government," Association president Anil Garg said.
The Association had objected to the government`s
guidelines for school buses.
Following this, the state government had appointed a
committee to look into the objections raised by the
association. The panel submitted its report on January 31 but
it has been not been implemented so far, Garg said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'