School bus owners on strike in Mumbai
Mumbai: The School Bus Owners Association
here began an indefinite strike on Friday, inconveniencing
students and parents.
The Association said their representatives were called
for a meeting with the Maharashtra government on Wednesday but
their demands were not met.
"No concrete assurance has been received from the
government," Association president Anil Garg said.
The Association had objected to the government`s
guidelines for school buses.
Following this, the state government had appointed a
committee to look into the objections raised by the
association. The panel submitted its report on January 31 but
it has been not been implemented so far, Garg said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports