School bus services resume in Maharashtra today
Mumbai: School bus services resumed on Saturday after the Maharashtra School Bus Owners` Association (SBOA) called off its indefinite strike which began yesterday.
The decision was taken last night after the state government warned them of action if the strike was not called off.
However, the bus owners and operators have said they
will ply the buses with black flags on them as a mark of
protest against the state government.
"We received a good response from all our members and
the strike was successful across the state. But we called off
the strike considering the inconvenience faced by school going
children and their parents. We will resume our services
immediately and mark our protest by putting up black flags on
our buses," said SBOA president Anil Garg.
"Our issue has already been referred to the High Court
and we will pursue the matter there. We have full faith in
judiciary," he added.
The association went on an indefinite strike from
yesterday demanding amendment of rules in the Maharashtra
Motor Vehicles (Regulations for School Buses) Rules, 2011.
An NGO `Forum for Fairness in Education` had also
approached the High Court yesterday with a PIL challenging the
strike and stating that the rules were introduced so as to
reduce accidents resulting in the death of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read