School principal chops off Hindu student`s tuft of hair: FIR
Mumbai: The principal of a convent school
here today allegedly chopped off a Brahmin student`s tuft of
hair, after which the police filed an FIR against him charging
him with hurting religious sentiments.
Frank Fernandes, principal of St Jude`s High School in
suburban Andheri, has been charged with hurting the religious
sentiments of a community in the FIR filed by the police
following a complaint from the mother of the student Pravesh
"The principal had asked Pravesh, a Brahmin, several
times to get his tuft of hair cut as the school rules do not
allow such things," said S R Dhanedhar, Senior Inspector of
Sakinaka police station.
"We are gathering evidence against the principal
before arresting him," he said.
According to the police, the tuft of hair of the
14-year-old eighth class student was cut with a pair of
scissors by Fernandes in his cabin.
"When the boy went to his cabin for some work today,
the principal seeing the tuft got agitated. He took a pair
of scissors and chopped it off," Dhanedhar said.
Learning about the incident, Vishwa Hindu Parishad and
Bajrang Dal activists protested near the police station
demanding action against the principal.
Subsequently, the principal was booked under sections
295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage
religious feelings or beliefs) and 323 (voluntarily causing
hurt) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof