School superintendent held for driving teenager to suicide
Thane: A school superintendent here has been arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of a teenaged girl, police said on Thursday.
The accused, Vijay Patil (24), Superintendent of Rajashri Sahu Maharaj Ashram school in Ulhasnagar township of Thane district, was arrested yesterday for sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl on the pretext of marry her, Assistant Police Inspector H Dagade said.
Later, he allegedly backed out following which the girl, studying in class V, informed her mother about it.
The victim`s mother also said that the marriage could happen only after she turned 18.
The frustrated girl committed suicide by hanging herself at her home on Monday.
A police complaint was registered by the victim`s family against the accused for making false promises to the girl because of which she was depressed and took the extreme step.
The accused has been charged under section 306 (for abatement to commit suicide) of the IPC, police said.
Further probe in the case was on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics