School superintendent held for driving teenager to suicide
Thane: A school superintendent here has been arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of a teenaged girl, police said on Thursday.
The accused, Vijay Patil (24), Superintendent of Rajashri Sahu Maharaj Ashram school in Ulhasnagar township of Thane district, was arrested yesterday for sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl on the pretext of marry her, Assistant Police Inspector H Dagade said.
Later, he allegedly backed out following which the girl, studying in class V, informed her mother about it.
The victim`s mother also said that the marriage could happen only after she turned 18.
The frustrated girl committed suicide by hanging herself at her home on Monday.
A police complaint was registered by the victim`s family against the accused for making false promises to the girl because of which she was depressed and took the extreme step.
The accused has been charged under section 306 (for abatement to commit suicide) of the IPC, police said.
Further probe in the case was on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire