School superintendent held for driving teenager to suicide
Thane: A school superintendent here has been arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of a teenaged girl, police said on Thursday.
The accused, Vijay Patil (24), Superintendent of Rajashri Sahu Maharaj Ashram school in Ulhasnagar township of Thane district, was arrested yesterday for sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl on the pretext of marry her, Assistant Police Inspector H Dagade said.
Later, he allegedly backed out following which the girl, studying in class V, informed her mother about it.
The victim`s mother also said that the marriage could happen only after she turned 18.
The frustrated girl committed suicide by hanging herself at her home on Monday.
A police complaint was registered by the victim`s family against the accused for making false promises to the girl because of which she was depressed and took the extreme step.
The accused has been charged under section 306 (for abatement to commit suicide) of the IPC, police said.
Further probe in the case was on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel