School superintendent held for driving teenager to suicide
Thane: A school superintendent here has been arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of a teenaged girl, police said on Thursday.
The accused, Vijay Patil (24), Superintendent of Rajashri Sahu Maharaj Ashram school in Ulhasnagar township of Thane district, was arrested yesterday for sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl on the pretext of marry her, Assistant Police Inspector H Dagade said.
Later, he allegedly backed out following which the girl, studying in class V, informed her mother about it.
The victim`s mother also said that the marriage could happen only after she turned 18.
The frustrated girl committed suicide by hanging herself at her home on Monday.
A police complaint was registered by the victim`s family against the accused for making false promises to the girl because of which she was depressed and took the extreme step.
The accused has been charged under section 306 (for abatement to commit suicide) of the IPC, police said.
Further probe in the case was on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal