Scolded for smoking in school, boy ends life in Nagpur
Nagpur: Embarrassed over being scolded for smoking in school, a teenage boy allegedly committed suicide in Nagpur, police said on Friday.
Akshay Sudarshan Lokhande (17), a student of class XII in a school in Dhantoli, was caught by a teacher recently while he was allegedly smoking in the school.
The school authorities called his family and informed them about his behaviour, police said, adding that the boy was also allegedly scolded by a school teacher because of which he felt humiliated.
The boy ended his life by jumping into a well on September 5.
The family alleged that the boy was rusticated from the school which led him to take the drastic step.
Some relatives and friends of Lokhande yesterday staged a demonstration outside the Ajni police station and demanded that the school principal, the teacher and the administrative officer be booked for abetment to suicide.
When contacted, the school`s administrative officer, Trupti Ghosh, said the family was informed about the boy`s "irresponsible" behaviour in his and other staff members` presence.
She also said Akshay was not rusticated from the school, as alleged by his parents, but only suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam