Second case filed against Bahrain`s diplomat in Mumbai
Mumbai: In further trouble for the Bahrain`s Consul General here, a second case has been registered against him for allegedly abusing and threatening the manager of the housing society where he stays.
A case has been filed against the envoy, Mohammed Abdulaziz Al Khaja, on a complaint by the manager of the housing society on Napean Sea Road in south Mumbai, Krishna Prakash, Additional Commissioner of Police, told a news agency here today.
Khaja stays on the fourth floor of the society building. The manager, a woman, had early this month lodged a police complaint accusing Khaja of molesting her.
According to the latest complaint, the Bahraini diplomat came to the society office on Thursday and was talking to its chairman when he reportedly pointed a finger at the manager, abused and threatened to kill her.
The 49-year-old victim had earlier said Khaja lost his cool after one of the elevators of the building was shut for repairs on December 9.
He was slamming the door of the elevator when she saw him and requested him to maintain his cool. However, Khaja did not stop and ransacked the office in a fit of rage, police said, quoting the complainant.
The victim alleged that Khaja touched her and used abusive language during the commotion. She approached the Malabar Hill Police which conducted a preliminary inquiry and registered a complaint.
However, police did not arrest the envoy as he enjoys diplomatic immunity.
Police said Khaja allegedly tried to create ruckus again on December 20 in the building, where he has been staying for the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up