Second Facebook account hacking has Pakistan link
Mumbai: Palghar remained tensed on Thursday after a morphed photograph of the late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray along with malicious comments were posted on a reporter’s Facebook account.
According to police sources, Mohammad Hussain’s Facebook account was hacked into from Pakistan.
“Three comments, which were objectionable in nature, were posted on Hussain’s account. These posts, as per our investigation, were posted from Pakistan. Nothing much can be done as far as investigation is concerned, but we will remove the posts. It seems someone is taking advantage of the situation from across the border and plans to create tension here,” said a senior police officer.
“Our officers are in talks with Facebook India and have asked them to remove the obscene images, comments and posts,” said Sangramsinh Nishandar, additional superintendent of police, Vasai division.
Hussain, 39, who works with a weekly newspaper in Palghar, was shocked when he started getting calls about his Facebook post. “I filed a complaint with the police as my account was hacked into. The post had received three comments, but by God’s grace, it did not go viral,” he said.
“We received the complaint on Thursday night but have not registered a case. The complainant submitted a CD containing the images and malicious comments. We are looking into the case on a priority basis,” said an official.
This incident comes a day after the Palghar police let off Sunil Vishwakarma, 18, who was arrested for posting anti-Raj Thackeray messages on his Facebook account. Vishwakarma was released after he claimed that his account had been hacked into.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH