Security at Mum coastal areas has improved after 26/11: Maha HM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil
on Tuesday said that the security measures taken by the Coast Guard
after the 26/11 terror attacks in the city were satisfactory.
"We definitely feel that the security is adequate post
26/11. Various necessary steps were taken by the state and the
Central government after the Mumbai terror attacks. The
security is far better than what it was prior 26/11," he said.
"The Coast Guard has purchased various equipments for the
security of the state and the country like arms and
ammunitions, helicopters and radar system," he told reporters
after reviewing the coastal security here.
Patil was accompanied by the Leader of Opposition in
the state Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse and Leader of
Opposition in Legislative Council Pandurang Phundkar.
"The personnel of the Coast Guard showed us a
demonstration through helicopters and also the radar which is
being installed to trace suspected boats in the sea. Our Navy,
Coast Guard and state police are taking all the necessary
steps to strengthen security of the coast-line," he said.
"We are also including 29 boats to patrol the coastline
and the Central government has granted us Rs 28 crore for it,"
Khadse too expressed satisfaction with the security
situation but said there was further scope for improvement.
"State government has done adequately well on security
aspects in comparison to what it was earlier. However, there
are still some issues that need to be taken care of and we
have informed the government about it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now