Security at Mum coastal areas has improved after 26/11: Maha HM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil
on Tuesday said that the security measures taken by the Coast Guard
after the 26/11 terror attacks in the city were satisfactory.
"We definitely feel that the security is adequate post
26/11. Various necessary steps were taken by the state and the
Central government after the Mumbai terror attacks. The
security is far better than what it was prior 26/11," he said.
"The Coast Guard has purchased various equipments for the
security of the state and the country like arms and
ammunitions, helicopters and radar system," he told reporters
after reviewing the coastal security here.
Patil was accompanied by the Leader of Opposition in
the state Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse and Leader of
Opposition in Legislative Council Pandurang Phundkar.
"The personnel of the Coast Guard showed us a
demonstration through helicopters and also the radar which is
being installed to trace suspected boats in the sea. Our Navy,
Coast Guard and state police are taking all the necessary
steps to strengthen security of the coast-line," he said.
"We are also including 29 boats to patrol the coastline
and the Central government has granted us Rs 28 crore for it,"
Khadse too expressed satisfaction with the security
situation but said there was further scope for improvement.
"State government has done adequately well on security
aspects in comparison to what it was earlier. However, there
are still some issues that need to be taken care of and we
have informed the government about it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum