Security at Mum coastal areas has improved after 26/11: Maha HM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil
on Tuesday said that the security measures taken by the Coast Guard
after the 26/11 terror attacks in the city were satisfactory.
"We definitely feel that the security is adequate post
26/11. Various necessary steps were taken by the state and the
Central government after the Mumbai terror attacks. The
security is far better than what it was prior 26/11," he said.
"The Coast Guard has purchased various equipments for the
security of the state and the country like arms and
ammunitions, helicopters and radar system," he told reporters
after reviewing the coastal security here.
Patil was accompanied by the Leader of Opposition in
the state Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse and Leader of
Opposition in Legislative Council Pandurang Phundkar.
"The personnel of the Coast Guard showed us a
demonstration through helicopters and also the radar which is
being installed to trace suspected boats in the sea. Our Navy,
Coast Guard and state police are taking all the necessary
steps to strengthen security of the coast-line," he said.
"We are also including 29 boats to patrol the coastline
and the Central government has granted us Rs 28 crore for it,"
Khadse too expressed satisfaction with the security
situation but said there was further scope for improvement.
"State government has done adequately well on security
aspects in comparison to what it was earlier. However, there
are still some issues that need to be taken care of and we
have informed the government about it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi