Security at Nagpur railway station tightened
Nagpur: The Central Railway is installing an integrated security system at the Nagpur railway station which will detect the "wanted criminals" once they enter the premises and alert security personnel at the platforms, a top official said Friday.
"A modern integrated security system is being set up at the Nagpur station which will have a software to detect the criminals entering the premises immediately and help the security personnel to act quickly," Divisional Railway Manager of Central Railway, Nagpur Division, Brijesh Dixit told reporters, on the sidelines of 28th Railway Protection Force (RPF) raising day.
The system should be operational this year, he said.
The system would have powerful CCTV cameras which will be able to capture live images from various angles and locations of the station and help better surveillance of the premises.
The Railways have provided modern weapons and training to the RPF personnel and about 40 units of AK-47 assault rifles have been acquired and necessary training being imparted to handlers, he said.
Better co-ordination between the RPF and GRP was needed to prevent thefts in running trains and other threats at the railway stations, he said.
Earlier, senior Divisional Security Commissioner Ibrahim Sheriff said 35 cases of crime were registered last year and Rs 6.18 lakh recovered while 64 criminals were arrested.
About 145 cases were submitted to Railway Claims Tribunal.
Since the RPF were given additional responsibilities of security of passengers in 2004, the personnel were escorting 20 trains passing through Nagpur, he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal