Security beefed up at Mumbai airport; ops normal
Mumbai: Security has been tightened at the
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport here on Tuesday following
an alert by central intelligence agencies about a possible
terror attack using small aircraft.
"In general, security has been beefed up at the airport,
with the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Bureau of
Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) as well as the Mumbai police in
charge of the security. Flight operations are normal," an
airport spokesperson said.
Though CISF sources confirmed the development, they said
there were no Mumbai-specific inputs.
"There is no specific Mumbai-related threat that we are
aware of. There are similar alerts at Delhi and Chandigarh
airports too. It is a general alert and all operations at the
Mumbai airport are normal," a senior CISF commandant said.
Sources in Mumbai police and BACS also confirmed the
general alert at the airport. "There are similar alerts at
other airports also. It is not a Mumbai-specific threat.
Everything is normal," a BCAS source said.
According to reports, the Centre has also advised all
states bordering Maharashtra, including Gujarat, Madhya
Pradesh, Karnataka and Goa to be on alert to foil any terror
attack on Mumbai airport.
The Centre has asked the police chiefs of these states to
put small aircraft and private helicopters under strict vigil
and keep unused airstrips and private helipads under a close
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early