Security breach at Mumbai airport as CISF, Customs fight
Mumbai: In a security breach, the two gates of the Mumbai International Airport were left unattended on Wednesday for over three hours following a tussle between CISF and customs authorities.
The tussle broke out over alleged delay in frisking of a customs official by CISF and checking of entry and exit passes of CISF officials and checking of CISF vehicles by the customs, airport sources said tonight.
The gate leading to the air strip side and the cargo side were without CISF security personnel for about 3 hours and unarmed customs personnel authorities took over the manning the key points during that time, the sources said.
CISF personnel took a little more time during the frisking of a customs official. Agitated over this, the official ordered a thorough checking of the vehicles entering the airport, according to the sources.
The Airport customs found that two CISF vans did not have the requisite pass and the CISF Assistant Commandant was without the entry and exit pass, they said. The customs then confiscated the vehicles.
CISF retaliated and took the security off from the entry and the exit gates.
For nearly three hours, the security at the airport was compromised and the Air Intelligence Unit team then decided to man the gates themselves, the sources said.
When contacted, CISF Commander in-charge of Mumbai airport was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof