Security breach at Mumbai airport as CISF, Customs fight
Mumbai: In a security breach, the two gates of the Mumbai International Airport were left unattended on Wednesday for over three hours following a tussle between CISF and customs authorities.
The tussle broke out over alleged delay in frisking of a customs official by CISF and checking of entry and exit passes of CISF officials and checking of CISF vehicles by the customs, airport sources said tonight.
The gate leading to the air strip side and the cargo side were without CISF security personnel for about 3 hours and unarmed customs personnel authorities took over the manning the key points during that time, the sources said.
CISF personnel took a little more time during the frisking of a customs official. Agitated over this, the official ordered a thorough checking of the vehicles entering the airport, according to the sources.
The Airport customs found that two CISF vans did not have the requisite pass and the CISF Assistant Commandant was without the entry and exit pass, they said. The customs then confiscated the vehicles.
CISF retaliated and took the security off from the entry and the exit gates.
For nearly three hours, the security at the airport was compromised and the Air Intelligence Unit team then decided to man the gates themselves, the sources said.
When contacted, CISF Commander in-charge of Mumbai airport was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues