Security forces recover arms from Naxalites
Gadchiroli: In a joint operation, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the district police recovered arms from Bhamragad taluka`s Kumargunda forest after an ancounter with Maoists on Sunday, police sources said.
The district police and the CRPF were conducting a joint anti-Naxalite operation in the Kumargunda forest this afternoon, when Naxalites who were hiding in the forest, suddenly opened fire at the police.
The police retaliated, but the Naxalites fled due to growing pressure from the security forces.
On searching the spot, police found a country gun, a magazine and 12 live rounds of an AK-47 rifle, a detonator, a wirebundle and a flashlight.
The police have continued anti-Naxalite operations in the area at a time when Maoists have been observing `martyrs` week` since July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama