Security forces recover arms from Naxalites
Gadchiroli: In a joint operation, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the district police recovered arms from Bhamragad taluka`s Kumargunda forest after an ancounter with Maoists on Sunday, police sources said.
The district police and the CRPF were conducting a joint anti-Naxalite operation in the Kumargunda forest this afternoon, when Naxalites who were hiding in the forest, suddenly opened fire at the police.
The police retaliated, but the Naxalites fled due to growing pressure from the security forces.
On searching the spot, police found a country gun, a magazine and 12 live rounds of an AK-47 rifle, a detonator, a wirebundle and a flashlight.
The police have continued anti-Naxalite operations in the area at a time when Maoists have been observing `martyrs` week` since July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player