Security given to Padamsinh despite murder charge: Nimbalkar
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLA Omraje Nimbalkar,
son of slain Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar, today said
NCP MP Padamsinh Patil, arrested for his father`s murder in
2006, has been provided police security.
"The government has provided police security to the
accused in my father`s murder and instead removed my
security," Pawanraje told the state Assembly here tonight.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse said the Home
Department was favouring Padamsinh, who face murder charge,
only because he belonged to ruling NCP.
Deputy Speaker Madhukar Chavan said "he (Padamsinh)
demanded the security and was given. You (Nimbalkar) also seek
it, you will get it."
Home Minister R R Patil said security was given to
Padamsinh in keeping with the central government norms on
protection of MPs.
On Pawanraje`s claim that his security was withdrawn,
Patil said "I was briefed that he himself declined police
protection." However, police protection would be provided to
him, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- BMWs for Rio Champions: Shobhaa De launches SCATHING attack – See her Tweet
- Horribly Sad! Single lightning strike kills 323 reindeers in Norway
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu