Security given to Padamsinh despite murder charge: Nimbalkar
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLA Omraje Nimbalkar,
son of slain Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar, today said
NCP MP Padamsinh Patil, arrested for his father`s murder in
2006, has been provided police security.
"The government has provided police security to the
accused in my father`s murder and instead removed my
security," Pawanraje told the state Assembly here tonight.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse said the Home
Department was favouring Padamsinh, who face murder charge,
only because he belonged to ruling NCP.
Deputy Speaker Madhukar Chavan said "he (Padamsinh)
demanded the security and was given. You (Nimbalkar) also seek
it, you will get it."
Home Minister R R Patil said security was given to
Padamsinh in keeping with the central government norms on
protection of MPs.
On Pawanraje`s claim that his security was withdrawn,
Patil said "I was briefed that he himself declined police
protection." However, police protection would be provided to
him, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!