Security given to Padamsinh despite murder charge: Nimbalkar
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLA Omraje Nimbalkar,
son of slain Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar, today said
NCP MP Padamsinh Patil, arrested for his father`s murder in
2006, has been provided police security.
"The government has provided police security to the
accused in my father`s murder and instead removed my
security," Pawanraje told the state Assembly here tonight.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse said the Home
Department was favouring Padamsinh, who face murder charge,
only because he belonged to ruling NCP.
Deputy Speaker Madhukar Chavan said "he (Padamsinh)
demanded the security and was given. You (Nimbalkar) also seek
it, you will get it."
Home Minister R R Patil said security was given to
Padamsinh in keeping with the central government norms on
protection of MPs.
On Pawanraje`s claim that his security was withdrawn,
Patil said "I was briefed that he himself declined police
protection." However, police protection would be provided to
him, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras