Security given to Padamsinh despite murder charge: Nimbalkar
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MLA Omraje Nimbalkar,
son of slain Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar, today said
NCP MP Padamsinh Patil, arrested for his father`s murder in
2006, has been provided police security.
"The government has provided police security to the
accused in my father`s murder and instead removed my
security," Pawanraje told the state Assembly here tonight.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse said the Home
Department was favouring Padamsinh, who face murder charge,
only because he belonged to ruling NCP.
Deputy Speaker Madhukar Chavan said "he (Padamsinh)
demanded the security and was given. You (Nimbalkar) also seek
it, you will get it."
Home Minister R R Patil said security was given to
Padamsinh in keeping with the central government norms on
protection of MPs.
On Pawanraje`s claim that his security was withdrawn,
Patil said "I was briefed that he himself declined police
protection." However, police protection would be provided to
him, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?